Sam had his last day of swimming lessons today. He's had a blast and looked forward to them every day. The 5 little boys in his class show their affection by spitting pool water on each other--yuck! I've been impressed by what his teacher has gotten my formerly aquaphobic (I don't think that's really a word!) son to do. I never could have gotten him to go under the water. I guess that's why I pay her the big bucks! He did pretty good overall, but they want him to repeat the class until he will put his head under the water willingly. He'll blow bubbles but he's scared to dunk his whole face.
Ben won't do lessons until next year, but he's had fun splashing in the shallow water and the little fountain. Since the boys like the water so much we decided to go swimming with them after lessons were over today. Janie and I felt pretty brave to swim with the kids all by ourselves. We never would have done this 2 weeks ago. But Sam and Mac did quite well so we just had to hang on to the little boys. Ben was pretty timid today and just hung out on my lap. We had a fun day of swimming but the best part is the tired boys who take good naps!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.