CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

YW Game

I teach the Mia Maids in our ward and we were needing a fun lesson. Our last two have been pretty serious, so I decided to make a game that we could play while reading quotes from the lesson (it was just a talk anyway).

I LOVE board games, so I had fun and the girls did too. I patterned the game after the Barbie game (I miss you, Nate and Sara!). So in order to go to the temple they had to gain a Testimony, go to Seminary, date an RM, go to Temple Prep and get a Temple Recommend. (Barbie Game: in order to be the prom queen you have to buy a prom dress, go steady with your boyfriend and be a club president. I think my game is much more realistic...). Anyway, so the girls had to collect these cards and every time they landed on a flower square they read a quote from the lesson and we discussed it. It turned out to be a good lesson for this (on having worthy thoughts and listening to good music). I had several different RM pictures--some cute and others nerdy! Most of the girls wanted to take their RM's home.

I had 4 girls there on Sunday and we just barely finished the game in time. All of them made it to the temple (which I hope happens in real life!). Fun times in YW! I love it.



 
Here are some of the RM's no one wanted to take home. 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.