CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

CERT


After 16 hours of training, I am proud to announce that I am officially a CERT member! CERT is actually a FEMA program that is administered locally. The purpose is to prepare community members to respond to emergencies and prepare their homes in case of a disaster.

So if there's a big earthquake and my neighbors are trapped in their houses, I can rescue them. At the end of the training we did a mock disaster. We had to rescue 11 people from an abandoned house. They had put makeup on the victims to make them look bruised, impaled, cut and broken. It was physically difficult and seemed very real. But we actually tried the rescue twice and did much better the second time. It was great practice and gave us a lot to think about.

Matt did the training a few years ago. We now have 7 CERT members in our ward and we want more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.