CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just A Thought

I actually read through the Ensign this time and this quote from an article struck me. I just thought I'd share. (from All Things in Wisdom and Order by Elder John C. Taggart)

“All things … in order”: The writer of Ecclesiastes taught, “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1). While we should not “procrastinate the day of [our] repentance” (Alma 13:27), we can safely organize our lives so that, instead of trying to do everything at once, we do many things over time. An extraordinary mother of 12 children wrote: “We cannot do everything, all the time, all at once. We can, through the years, do many things, at different times, one at a time. It is important to see choices as opportunities, not as frustrations.”

I like this because I often overwhelm myself by trying to do everything that I want to do eventually, all at once. Why do I do this to myself??? I guess I just need to come up with a plan of things I want to do and just do one thing at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously... did you post this just because you knew that I, Janie, needed it? I love that quote. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.