CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sam's first 5K


On Memorial day Sam and I ran a 5K. It was Sam's first race and he did a great job! At the beginning he was determined he was going to win the whole race. We started good and he ran the first mile. Then he started to say things like "I wish we could drive the van the rest of the way" and "I wish we were only running a one mile race". I tried to distract him by having him spell and do math, which worked for a little while. The last mile he decided he would run in the sun and walk in the shade, which was hard for me because we were running along a tree-lined street so he would start and stop and start and stop. But, he finished strong and got to play on a playground afterward with friends, so I think he had a good time.


See, smiles at the finish line :-). He was really excited that his running number was bigger than mine (I was number 241).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.