CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peaches!

My neighbor grew some beautiful peaches this year, and she sold me 25 pounds. They tasted great and we probably could've eaten a few pounds of them fresh. I spent two evenings this week canning peach slices and peach pie filling. Here's what my kitchen looked like during canning (such a mess!):


Here are my results:

 

I hope they taste good--this was my first time canning peaches. I've done raspberries, apples and jam before, but never peaches. It is a lot of work, but I like knowing how to do it. My favorite thing is our Camp Chef stove we bought this year. It heats up my water so fast and keeps it boiling on Low. Plus it's outside so my house stays cool.

About half of the apples on our apple tree are ripe so this week I'll be canning apples. So sorry if I don't post much this week because it takes a lot of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.