CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're Back!

For the last 6 days we have been in Virginia with Matt's family and now we're back home.  *Sigh*  I had so much fun and really don't want to come back to my regular life. Virginia/D.C. is officially the coolest place to live. There is so much to do there.  This was our third time visiting Matt's sister, who lives west of D.C. and I still want to do so much more! I love history, especially American history and this place is full of history. Just driving to our destinations we passed places like the Manassas Battlefields.

So, here's the highlights of the first two days of our trip! (You don't really have to read this if you're busy...and Lydia, Sara F and Nate WE MISSED YOU!)

Our flight out there was wonderful. The boys were quiet and behaved really well. It helped that Matt's parents and sister were on the plane with us. The kids sat with us for a while, then sat with grandma & grandpa for a while and between the 5 of us, we kept them entertained. Sam was grinning from ear to ear as we rode the bus to the airport (from the parking lot) and then for the first 30 minutes on the plane. He absolutely loved flying. It was a nice day and there were those pretty fluffy clouds in the sky and when we flew through them it looked so cool.

When we arrived at Matt's sister's home it was late so we all went to bed. Well, all of us except for Ben. Ben whined and cried and tossed and turned. We couldn't figure out what was wrong because he was tired and he usually sleeps well, even at other peoples' houses. I don't know what time it was, but sometime in the middle of the night he started throwing up. Matt and I were pretty much up the whole night consoling him and cleaning up. Poor kid. The next day he bounced back and was playing with the rest of the kids (I really hope he doesn't get them all sick).

So the next morning we left all of the kids with the boys and all the girls headed to a big Fabric & Quilting Expo. We had a blast looking at fabric, sewing machines, patterns, jewelry and amazing quilts. I only spent $30 on fabric, so I was proud of myself! The rest of the day we just relaxed at home (a must for any vacation!)

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.