I guess it's time for me to start blogging again! My Christmas decorations are put away and I've had a very restful few days (except for our expedition to IKEA today...more on that later perhaps). I am officially ready for 2010 to start. I was happy, when the clock struck midnight, that 2009 was over. We had a pretty good year, but I'm ready for a new year.
My most favorite "Best of 2009" list is always Dave Barry's year in review. Click HERE to read it. Some of my favorites are:
(July) "In government news, top Washington thinkers, looking for a way to goose the economy along, come up with the ``Cash for Clunkers'' program, under which the federal government provides a financial inducement for people to take functional cars, which are mostly American-made, to car dealers, who deliberately destroy these cars and sell the people new replacement cars, which are mostly foreign-made. This program, which was budgeted for $1 billion, ends up costing $3 billion and is halted after a month. The administration declares that it has been a huge success, which everybody understands to mean that it will never, ever be repeated. With this mission accomplished, the top Washington thinkers are free to train all of their brainpower on the nation's health-care system."
(August) "In an alarming technological development, hackers shut down Twitter, leaving a desperate and suddenly vulnerable America with no way to find out what the Kardashian sisters are having for lunch. The Federal Emergency Management Agency urges the nation to ``remain calm'' and ``use Facebook if you can.'' Twitter service is eventually restored, but most of the estimated 875 million thoughts that went untweeted during the outage will never be recovered, making it the nation's worst social-networking disaster ever."
(November) ". . . a Washington couple, Tareq and Michaele Salahi, penetrate heavy security and enter the White House, a feat that Joe Biden has yet to manage. As details of the incident emerge, an embarrassed Secret Service is forced to admit that not only did the couple crash a state dinner, but they also met and shook hands with the president, and they ``may have served briefly in the cabinet.''
Ha ha ha!!! Anyway, if you want to read the full list, click on the link above. It always makes me laugh the way he describes events!
So, we've been busy at our house with a few things. Ben is sleeping (most nights) in his big boy bed, which is in Sam's room. This means that we get very little sleep around here. We put the kids to bed at least 5 times every night and they have been staying up until 11 pm every night. They sleep a little later in the morning, but not enough. We're hoping that they'll get used to it soon. They do have a lot of fun!
We decided to go to IKEA today. I think everyone in SLC and Utah County decided to do the same thing. I am not a big fan of IKEA anyway, so going when it's busy was completely overwhelming. I looked online before we left and thought I had everything picked out so we could just get what we needed, eat and then leave. But we got there and we were looking at nightstands and every single one was so small. They're tiny nightstands and not at all what we wanted. Then we were hungry so we got in line for food. Twenty minutes later we finally had food and two very hungry, crying little boys who cried harder when we wouldn't let them eat the chocolate cake until they ate their sandwiches. So after eating we ended up getting some lamps (which I am pleased with) but when we got home I realized that normal light bulbs don't work in them and I have to go back to IKEA to get some weird light bulbs. Sigh. I'm really not a fan of IKEA.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kate, let me know when you are going back to IKEA, I may have you pick up a few things (not big)for me (so I don't have to go)! ;) I'm glad you finally got snow, we have a lot of snow and would really be glad to share, we would also share our inversion but no one wants that!
ReplyDelete