CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Monster Trucks

In an attempt to be more interesting we got tickets to the Monster Truck show this weekend. It was certainly interesting! It was a fun family activity that even our young boys enjoyed (though it was about an hour too long for them...). They raced 5 monster trucks, a bunch of motor bikes and regular trucks that had been modified for jumping in dirt.

Here's the infamous BIGFOOT


Sam, me and Ben watching the races. As you can see by the empty seats behind us, there weren't that many people there. The arena was only a third full, but we went to the 2 pm show. I'm pretty sure the evening shows were busier.


And here's Sam & Ben watching the action


Before we bought some kettle corn (which honestly was the highlight for the boys) they had a great time playing on the stairs



But the coolest part of the show was the freestyle competition. This truck crunched a pile of cars and was vertical in the air then crashed backwards. The driver didn't mean to do this, but it was way cool! The driver was fine, but the body of the truck was crushed pretty good. It had to be towed away.


We had a good time, but in the future I think we'll stick to demolition derbies. Yes, I freely admit on the world wide web that I like demolition derbies! I don't know why, but they are so much fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.