Saturday, August 21, 2010
Grape Juice
On our back fence we have grapevines growing. So far, every year I watch the grapes grow and then all of a sudden they're completely gone one day. I think the quail are eating them. So I noticed that some were getting eaten this week and the boys and I picked a big bowl full. Unfortunately, they're pretty sour. I don't think they're actually ripe enough but I don't want the birds to eat them this year! Anyway, we picked a bunch of grapes and decided to make juice. It was really sour so I added some pears and carrots to the juicer. It was still too sour for my tastes, but Matt had some today and LOVED it. Now I want to try some more combinations! I'm mostly excited for the apples to ripen. I love fresh apple juice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.