CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Education Week 2010

This week I was able to attend BYU Education Week with my wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law! This was my third year and I'm hooked. I love it. First of all, it's a great break from everyday life. I just go in the evening and get to choose from the most interesting and helpful topics. This year I attended classes on angels, international humanitarian service, teaching children about finances, and the second coming. My most favorite class, however was about the book of Jeremiah. The teacher (David Ridges) went verse by verse and explained what the words meant. It was so helpful and I learned so much. I never knew Jeremiah was a prophet in Jerusalem before Lehi was called and after he left for the promised land. The book of Jeremiah is all about how wicked Jerusalem was. They were really wicked. And it's a parallel for our day.
You should come some time! If anyone needs a place to stay next year, we're not too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.